As I am getting more involved with all the social-media-internet-fun out there, I have been finding wonderful blogs, websites and ideas spreading faster than I can digest.
One of them – the main inspiration of this post – is this idea.
To summarize (although the post is super-short!), the idea is to register a collection of “notes-to-self”on your blog. For your future reference and for the rest of the world.
I am tweaking it and recording all the good stuff I have been founding out there. I see as “what have I been working on today” or “what have inspired me this week” that I may want to come back later.
I tend to bookmark waaaay too many sites, specifically blog posts that had inspired me and I want to re-read later on. I end up never doing it because I can never find them again. Sometimes I can’t even remember why I bookmark them – unless I click on each one of the links, of course!
I also email myself links that I like. It certainly makes it faster to find but the older “self-sent” links are a lost cause.
Soooo, that post really turned on the light bulb. I just thought, “this is BRILLIANT”!
Contrary to bookmarking, I can even write a short explanation of why the links are relevant to me and have all them combined in one place!
So here we go. Websites/posts that were relevant to me this week and I may want to visit later:
- Starting with this simple and amazing idea. It soooo needs to be printed out and added to my Baroque “house” section!
- This post I need to go back, print and adapt. Also for my “me-binder“
- Look at this amazingly beautiful artist that I found! Really liked her work. Need to go back to browse all of it.
- That ties in perfectly with this video that I have been watching over and over again.
- Very good tips here about writing when putting together a blog post or website
- Finally, here, I think I found some “I-will-hold-your-hands-thru-the-baby-steps” to help you understand how it can be incorporated into your life.
So many wonderful work and wonderful people out there.
I am so excited those days! Really, I already said that on my last post but I truly am!
Very happy 🙂